Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

What is this cylinder tank?

Posted by R0ss1899 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 24, 12 at 14:50

I'm troubleshooting a low flow rate problem on our well water system. Anyone know what this small cylinder is? The cylinder has a small drain hose and has no electronics. There are unions for removing the cylinder. The large cylinder is an iron (birm) filter. There is a pressure gauge on both sides of the small cylinder. The gauge before the cylinder jumps off the scale (over 100psi) when the pump cuts on then settles to 70psi when the pump is off. The other gauge acts as expected cutting the pump on at 40psi and off at 60psi. Any help will be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: What is this cylinder tank?

It sounds like it's a sediment filter.
Is there a valve to open for the drain hose? Backwashing the filter until the rinsate runs clear could solve your problem.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here