Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flow-tech Inline Water System recommendation

Posted by plantguyrb (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 12 at 14:17

I just had a plumber recommend that I get a Flow-tech Inline Water System installed which runs $1845 (my house is about 1600 sq feet with 2 bathrooms). Apparently it works by inducing a low frequency electromagnetic signal thoughtout the entire house's plumbing system which reverses the charge on dissolved minerals in the water so they remain in suspension in water and don't cause lime and scale buildup in pipes, faucets, and appliances. It sounds like a pretty good deal as it doesn't have the challenges that a water softener system with salts would have and I can still use the hose to water my garden and not cause the plants any problmes. However, the technology seems new and I can't find any objective reviews on it. Do any of you have it or have experienced with the system? If so, what do you think about it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flow-tech Inline Water System recommendation

This is a joke, right? Snake oil with a fancy name is still snake oil.

o
RE: Flow-tech Inline Water System recommendation

I have a system on my house and my personal experience is that it does what it says it does. I'm an engineer by trade and the science behind physical water treatment is sound. The difference between the Flow-Tech system and other devices out their is that it works regardless of flow which make it consistent. I would recommend you try it. My plumber said theres a 1 year money back guarantee so what's the risk?

This post was edited by sailrj on Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 13:06

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here