Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
venting kitchen island sink

Posted by drtechno (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 16, 10 at 14:15

Hi all

I am venting a kitchen island sink. Is there a limit to how far you can run horizontal to connect to the main vent stack after you have run your loop vent under the island?

Thanks !!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: venting kitchen island sink

I may have answered my own question.

It seems the max. horizontal run after the loop vent is 6 ft for a 2 in pipe. Does this sound about right?

o
RE: venting kitchen island sink

"I may have answered my own question.
It seems the max. horizontal run after the loop vent is 6 ft for a 2 in pipe. Does this sound about right?"

No. It doesn't sound right. There should be no limit at all for the length of a horizontal run or 'foot vent' that gets connected to a main stack.

The only limit in most cases would be on the horizontal length of the trap arm between the sink trap and the island vent itself...which is limited to 8 feet for 2" pipe.

See the links below for how Code compliant Island vents should be installed under most codes:

http://www.plumbinghelp.ca/images2/Island loop vent.jpg

http://www.terrylove.com/images/island_vent.gif

If your kitchen island vent doesn't look like the above diagrams, you're not installing the island vent properly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here