Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Old shower trim cover with new fixtures?

Posted by glsreads (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 22, 11 at 13:44

Is there any way to use an older round porcelain cover plate with any modern thermostat valve? I have a 6" round Niedecken Mixer cover with a single 1 1/2" round opening for the handle control. I'm trying to do a turn-of-the-century bathroom with maybe Grohe Retro rain shower head and Grohe Movario handshower slidebar. Or I'm open to suggestions of other brands that would let me use the Niedecken piece.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Old shower trim cover with new fixtures?

Only if you can figure out a way to attach it.

You may be able to attach it to the wall using adhesive (silicone or other) and make sure water cannot get behind it or through a center hole that is not larger than a knob.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here