Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Outdoor Planter Irrigation?

Posted by kkranzo (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 10, 11 at 13:30

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this...

I have two outdoor planters in the front of my house. We have just moved in and I am going to plant some flowers in the planters. However, I am trying to figure out what this pipe is (see photos below) that is in one of the beds.

Is it for some kind of watering? I can't find anywhere where it would turn on. Does anyone know what this is for?


Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Outdoor Planter Irrigation?

I don't recognize those fittings, they don't even have threads on them. I don't even see anything that indicates they are quick couples.

RE: Outdoor Planter Irrigation?

Looks like a vent of some sort. Do you have a floor drain in your basement that isn't tied to a vent stack? Or some sort of venting system for a crawl space?

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here