Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
on 4th of July of course

Posted by musicteacher (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 4, 13 at 12:50

My 32 year old washing machine just flooded, and I think we got it cleaned up before it hit the hardwoods, but..... how do I know what the cause? The wall to the drain feels dry and no sign of water, so it must be coming from the bottom of the washer. I was getting ready to shop for a replacement and when I was doing dishes a little later and running a lot of water, the drain eventually backed up. About a week ago we cleared a kitchen clog with a plunger. Maybe we just pushed it down? The sink cleared out pretty quick so it's not a total blockage but now I am afraid to shower!

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here