Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another question about under cabinet RO filters

Posted by jenny1963 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 12:47

Do under-cabinet RO filters have to have a separate faucet or can the water just be diverted into the main (only) kitchen faucet? I don't have a sink that'll accommodate a separate faucet. I could handle a switch below the cabinet on the filter for when I just wanted to wash dishes and not have RO filtered water.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks!!

x-posted in appliances

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another question about under cabinet RO filters

Undersink ROs require a separate faucet. Most countertops can have another hole added.

There are counterTOP ROs that don't require drilling for a faucet and don't have a storage tank..

o

thanks for replying!

Well, I have now realized that I CAN put an RO system under my kitchen sink (with buying a new sink or cutting another hole in the granite,) by using a triflow faucet that has three levers.

Now just choosing an RO system or whole house system...is the aquasana Rhino just too weak for my house with too slow a flow rate?

o

The Aquasana Rhino is NOT an RO. It is simply a whole house filter.

What is it about your water that bugs you?

Have you had your water tested to see what's in it?

o

No, I know the Aquasana isn't an RO system; I want the Rhino just to remove chlorine etc., for when my 7 year old takes extended baths and our showers, etc.; but I WAS interested in an RO, additionally, in the kitchen for our drinking and cooking water, to get rid of the 900 (slight exaggeration) contaminants and pollutants in our City of Chicago water.

o

No, I know the Aquasana isn't an RO system; I want the Rhino just to remove chlorine etc., for when my 7 year old takes extended baths and our showers, etc.; but I WAS interested in an RO, additionally, in the kitchen for our drinking and cooking water, to get rid of the 900 (slight exaggeration) contaminants and pollutants in our City of Chicago water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here