Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Well water test cost

Posted by letta (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 11:33

I Live in Michigan. How much should I expect to pay for a certified well water test?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Well water test cost

Find an independent certified lab. Check with your local Environmental Health Department. They can point you to certified labs or there's always the Yellow Pages.

Tell them you want a comprehensive well water test. If the lab is local they should be familiar with the tests needed and what the water characteristics are in your area. At minimum hardness, iron (ferric and ferrous), manganese, magnesium, pH, TDS, bacteria, nitrates, copper, sodium, arsenic,

Ask them how much it costs. Prices are usually competitive between labs in the same area.

Whatever the cost, it is money well spent (no pun intended). Living on a well you should be getting the water tested for nitrates and bacteria annually.

This post was edited by justalurker on Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 16:21

o
RE: Well water test cost

Ours was about $100 here in NC, but, that is because we had three different types of tests done. So, how much it will be will depend on what tests you want performed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here