Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Adapter for shower pipe to install waterpik?

Posted by Rakster (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 9:46

Just moved into my house and the shower has this kind of pipe, any idea of what adapter might help me install a waterpik handle? I can't just screw it on as per the waterpik instructions.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Adapter for shower pipe to install waterpik?

The shower arm will unscrew from the wall, but likely will require a good bit of effort. Since it will be trashed, I would use a pair of pliers (slotted adjustable pliers).

Replace with either a 6" or 8" shower arm, as necessary to fit your new set-up. First wrap the threads with teflon 3-4 times before inserting into the wall. Snug the new one by turning the arm with the handle of the wrench inserted into the hole of the pipe. That way you won't scratch the new arm.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here