Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bath Drain/Overflow assembly choices

Posted by Sandpiper111 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 22, 11 at 7:17

I am preparing to remodel my bathroom next week which includes replacing my old iron bathtub with an American Standard Princeton model. I also purchased a Deep Soak Drain Assembly by American Standard. I received it yesterday and am very disappointed in the quality of the cover plate! Chrome finish over a very light weight plastic. I have two concerns, what are some quality options. Also the behind the scenes portion is PVC. Should I get all brass or is PVC going to last? I have the toe push drain and that part of the assembly seems to be built well, but he cover plate looks really cheap and flimsy. I'm looking for something modern. All of my bathroom facets are the Delta Arzo Modern Polished Chrome, which are very angular and the square cover plate look like a good option. It's not.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bath Drain/Overflow assembly choices

Not only will the PVC outlast the brass, if the tub is skirted and the drain assembly will be in a concealed location your cannot use a slip joint type drain assembly unless you provide a 12"x12" service access panel either through an adjacent wall or from underneath. If you don't have the service access panel you must use either a glue in type PVC or ABS plastic or a solder in type brass unit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here