Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lifesource water system -) Are they good?

Posted by lalitha (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 1:35

We are looking at some whole house systems as we have hard water with high level of nitrates here in Northern california. My contrator suggested Lifesource Water. They claim to improve the taste of water, remove chlorine taste and make the water work better for pipes and dishwasher etc. Have you heard of them? Are they any good? I am concerned about salt based water softeners as they are apparently banned in CA now. What other options?

Here is a link that might be useful: Lifesource water

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lifesource water system -) Are they good?

Also here is my water quality report.

Here is a link that might be useful: Water quality report

o

Lifesource claims to do many things but they do not claim to remove hardness from the water because they don't.

You have hard water and that will accelerate the wear and tear on your plumbing, appliances, fixtures and you will use more soap and detergent than necessary.

You should check with a local water treatment professional to find out what your water treatment options are for your area.

o

Hi Lalitha, we've had Lifesource water system for about 10 years. we had hard water problems before our lifesource system and now we don't. this system is great- we drink our tap water now, it tastes really good. Don't believe the malarkey about how hard water damages plumbing- just an old wives tale. This is great water for our flowers and plants- they love this water- a water softener will kill your landscaping

Here is a link that might be useful: Lifesourcewater.com

o

The preceding post seems like a self-serving endorsement from a poster who joined the forum today. If I am in error I apologize in advance unless the poster has an interest in the choice you make. I have no dog in this fight and nothing to gain.

But, lets look st that link... click here

Not one single Lifesource product is certified by the WQA to remove one single grain of hardness.

What those devices are certified by the WQA to do is remove chlorine, chloramine, iron, manganese, and hydrogen sulfide.

o

Mr. Lurker, how rude of you to imply that I am not a lifesource customer- I am an avid horticulturist /environmentalist. You seem to be stuck on pushing water softeners when they are bad for people, plants and the environment. People need to wake up! Water softeners and the salt they dump into our water supply are being banned for a reason, they're bad for the environment. see why they are banned BY LAW in northern Los Angeles county and other communities in the USA. see link-
Proud LifeSource Owner-

Here is a link that might be useful: www.lacsd.org

o

"Don't believe the malarkey about how hard water damages plumbing- just an old wives tale."

What an incredibly stupid statement!

Assuming you use that same intellect to evaluate your lifesource system, I can't but be anything other than suspicious.

o

Flowerman5

"see why they are banned BY LAW in northern Los Angeles county

Politicians are as qualified to legislate science as they are adept at balancing a budget.

My wife's plants and flowers do very nicely on soft water.

o

Oh now I see- you guys ARE water softener salesman.
Fact is- only steel or galvanized water pipes will clog from hard water. Use of galvanized pipe was fazed out after the 1950's.

See this info from the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality's, (ADEQ) info website www.tapintoquality.com/facts-hardness.html

"Will the minerals in hard water clog the water pipes in my home?"
"The calcium in your water will not build up fast enough to limit the useful life of your household plumbing. The calcium in hard water can create a natural protective coating on the inside of your copper pipes. If your home has lead or copper pipes or pipes with lead solder, this coating has a beneficial effect by preventing lead and copper from leaching into your homes water supply. Mineral buildup in sink aerators may restrict water flow. Simply remove the aerator, clean it with vinegar, and replace."

Also water softeners WILL damage landscaping- see this info from
University of Missouri - http://nevadagardens.com/StarNursery/page01/Tip 1064.htm
and New Mexico State University " Water softener bad for plants" http://aces.nmsu.edu/ces/yard/1999/051799.html

Sorry Guys- I don't believe you. I will trust my own experience and research/facts from nationally recognized universities and science agencies.
Good luck selling water softeners.

-Proud LifeSource Water Customer

Here is a link that might be useful: New Mexico State University

o

FlowerMan5,

Correctly sized and efficiently set up softeners are still legal in many parts of California which in itself shows there are some legislators there that still think.

Fact is, a great many softeners are not correctly sized and are not set up to run efficiently and that is a problem for the environment and a waste of money for people regardless of where they live.

I'm on a rural water system that runs around 30gpg hard with no iron. It is common for people on this water system to replace their water heaters every 2-2.5 years. They simply spring leaks. My water heater was installed in 1995 along with my softener. My softener provides 0 hardness water and we use one 40lb bag of regenerant a month (12 bags or 480lb per year). I drain my water heater twice a year and nothing but clean, clear water drains out... no floaties, no sediment. My water heater is 16+ years old. I have not replaced a faucet washer, cleaned an aerator, or cleaned a shower head in those 16+ years and my wife waters her flowers and plants with soft water and they thrive.

"I will trust my own experience and research/facts from nationally recognized universities and science agencies"

So, if you can read it then it is true? Then read this...

Softened Water Benefits Study

o

FlowerMan5

FWIW, you're wrong. I am a retail user. No association or commercial interest whatsoever, now or at any time. No friends or family in the business...nothing. I refuse to be your straw man.

Might help your position to back off a notch on that "pride" that apparently causes you to make stupid, assumptive statements, too.

And, by the way, soft water will continue to be supplied. Stand-alone personally owned units are banned. According to the link you provided, they'll still let Culligan and others deliver pre-charged tanks just like they always have. No more do-it-yourself, though. I think that exception tends to support justalurker's idea that so many home-use softeners are incorrectly sized and set up.

o

Softened water is never intended to be used to treat water for outdoor use. The statement about hard water coating plumbing being helpful is contradictory to this whole discussion and even by the so called claims that Lifesource water expounds. The premise behind "lifesource" (and similar technology) is it binds up the dissolved mineral content to keep it from falling out of solution and causing hard water problems. So your statement about hard water being beneficial to plumbing is contradictory even to the claims of the very product you are purporting to be so beneficial. Perhaps the treatment professionals on this site with so much experience, with varied water treatment problems and applications have seen what problems hard water can really cause. It is true that water hardness of lower hardness IE: 4-10 gpg of hardness will have less "visible" evidence of hard water damage. Try and tell a family of 4 living with 100 gpg hard water that it won't harm their plumbing and home. Try telling a home owner that goes through a water heater every five years from hard water.
Here is a hard FACT: 7000 grains of hard water = 1 lb of dissolved rock. Left untreated a family of 4 with 20 gpg hard water will have over 200 lbs of dissolved rock in their home every year!
Obviously you have never had to REPLUMB an entire home because the plumbing became too constricted from hard water deposits or replaced electric water heaters that keep blowing elements and TP valves from calcium buildup.
I'm DONE!
RJ

o

RJ,

This argument will never be won with science, logic, decades of first hand experience or the fact that hundreds of millions of people world wide have softeners and prefer soft water over hard water for all the reasons that soft water is preferable to hard water.

FlowerMan5,

If your best argument is posting a link to am anonymous Q&A on the NMSU web site that is unsigned then find better info.

When softeners are outlawed in California that will be another reason not to live there ;)

o

"Fact is- only steel or galvanized water pipes will clog from hard water. Use of galvanized pipe was fazed out after the 1950's."

Bovine scatology.

It causes buildup in almost every type of plumbing.

Is is especially damaging to devices used to heat water since that drives the dissolved chemicals out of solution.

This decreases the efficiency of water heaters by reducing the amount of heat that can move through the tank walls and into the water )for gas heaters) and makes electric heating elements run hotter reducing their life (and efficiency).

While it is possible for softened water to harm plants especially sensitive to sodium, it is not normally used to water them.

Anyone with a correctly installed softener does not have the outside valves on the softener.
There is usually a source of un-softened water easily available before the softener.

o

"...it (soft water) is not normally used to water them (plants)

Sez you? Everyone I know with soft water waters their houseplants from the closest inside faucet and so do we. Haven't lost a house plant yet. We water our Rose bushes, Irises, Tulips, Daffodils, and Dahlias with softened water and they have thrived for 16+ years.

"Anyone with a correctly installed softener does not have the outside valves on the softener"

I love generalizations and I'll take issue with that one.

A blanket statement citing the right way and the wrong way to do anything is subjective especially when the person making the statement knows nothing of the details of the situation.

Most softener retrofits are plumbed to treat the entire house. To do it any other way would increase the cost immensely and make the job a real nightmare for the homeowner.

Many people prefer washing their cars with softened water just like the professional car washes do so an outside softened hose bib is required and some homes only have one outside hose bib..

I have seen recently constructed homes plumbed for softeners that soften the entire house, soften the entire house except the cold water tap in the kitchen, and soften the entire house except an outside hose bib and variations of the three.

There is no right or wrong in a used home... there is the way it is unless the homeowner wants to pay to change it to the way the homeowner wants it.

o

Watering plants with softened water is a mixed bag. Of course, the harder your water, the more sodium you will be putting on your plants. The longer you water them, the more sodium you will be putting on your plants, and so on.

Moreover, some plants are more sensitive than others and will react differently. In most cases, you will see no problems.

The biggest issue, though is why? Why use your softener for a purpose it is not designed? Just put it on by pass and water away. Don't forget to return it to service.

But to say that no one should have outside water softened is their opinion and just that. I use mine to wash my cars and my windows. I could not imagine trying to wash my windows with hard water.

Lifesource is nothing more than a whole-house, backwashing carbon filter. Yes, it has an NSF-42 rating:
NSF/ANSI Standard 42: Drinking Water Treatment Units - Aesthetic Effects
Overview: This standard covers point-of-use (POU) and point-of-entry (POE) systems designed to reduce specific aesthetic or non-health-related contaminants (chlorine, taste and odor, and particulates) that may be present in public or private drinking water.

Lifesource uses a standard carbon media and a variety of Fleck valves (plumbers' standard choices) but there is a nice shiny jacket with Lifesource written on it.

If you are looking for a color, taste and odor filter, this will work fine. I would strongly recommend AGAINST using this on well waters for a number of solid reason. It is intended for city water use only and is not certified to remove chloramine, which many cities have switch to.

o

Thanks for all the feedback. I will now need to look at water softener systems. Especially what is legal in nor cal..

o

i was just going to post this question! thank you lalitha. we have super hard water in southern ca too. i'm still trying to figure out what to do. lifesource is appealing in that i don't like all the saline waste or sodium in my water, but if it doesn't reduce hardness, it's gonna have to be a no go. we just remodeled our bathroom and the hard water is already ruining the finish on our brand new satin nickel shower trim!!

o

@ jimnyo

Read the posts, will ya? If you want soft water, ion-exchange is the only even remotely economical way to get it. Period. Your new laws prohibit owner-maintained ion-exchange systems. The text is referenced above. Read it.

You can still get outside-vendor ion-exchange zero-grain ion-exhange soft water. In my previous post, I said.......

"And, by the way, soft water will continue to be supplied. Stand-alone personally owned units are banned. According to the link you provided, they'll still let Culligan and others deliver pre-charged tanks just like they always have."

In addition to posting, it remains legal to research and read.

o

I am a firm believer of this product and company LifeSource. When you purchase the whole house filtering unit, you need to add the ScaleSolver and Pre-sediment filter. This is a complete package. Looks like LifeSource was approved the NSF/ANSI 61 for the ScaleSolver unit on 2/4/2014. That is great news.

I have been a LifeSource customer for 5 years now. I only had the 2250SE Tank bought back in 2009. I saw that they added the new Pre-sediment filter and ScaleSolver. I was interested in learning more about this product, so I researched online for hours. I liked what I read.

When I emailed the company on a Saturday evening, not even 2 hours had past and David called me. He came to my house that Sunday night and sold me the complete unit. Since, I had a tank, he discounted my account over $600.00 and I bought a completely new system, which consisted of three items. He also threw in a box of 3 Pre-Sediment filters.

David is an awesome sales rep. He is very nice, someone you can trust. I read people like a book, since he was honest about my questions, I bought the system on Sunday night and on Thursday afternoon that same week, it was all installed by a very nice, professional installer that works for the company for many years. David and him work together on the installs. He knew what he was talking about regarding the units and how to install them the proper way without cutting corners. He is very smart and an actual license plumber. He even showed me how to maintain the units and asked me where I would like the units, and pipes to be located. He spent 4 hours to install these. Took his time and didn't leave till I was pleased. He cleaned up his mess, actually he cleaned my entire garage floor. Now it looks better then when he came. WOW, is all I can say.

Now for the best part: About the water. WOW again. It is super soft, really it is. My wife and baby notice a HUGE difference. The ScaleSolver really does the trick. My dishes have no more spots at all. My showers look very clean, no more SPOTS on my Shower doors. I almost cant believe it. For the best part, they added a Spicket in my garage so I can wash my car with the filtered water. Well, I did just that. My car cleaned very nice with no more hard spots. The soap, WATCH out. Just use half what you normally used. It spreads like crazy. My skin is super soft now. When I washed clothes they are cleaner and brighter. All in on weekend. I put this system to work and it really works. I am a firm believer and sold for life.

Thanks LifeSource and thanks David. You are an awesome rep. Just in case if you are wondering, there was no charge for Installation or delivery. I do not work for LifeSource nor got paid to write this review.
I am a customer.

Here is a link that might be useful: LifeSource Water

o

Wow Lurker,

I think you just poked a stick into a hornets nest of True Believers and not one of them works for LifeSource Water (let me put a link to it down below just in case they haven't bumped up their Google ratings enough). I think you have the entire PR team working on this one.

Okay, LifeSource is a carbon filter... got it. It's certified to remove aesthetic effects. Perhaps sounds like they have a sediment pre-filter too.... check.

But the "scalesolver" sounds as bogus as the electromagnetic scale removers do. I would love to see an actual water analysis before and after the "scalesolver".

Note: "ScaleSolver" has not been rated by the NSF/ANSI standards for hardness reduction.

"Looks like LifeSource was approved the NSF/ANSI 61 for the ScaleSolver unit on 2/4/2014. That is great news.", Says DoctorCR, who has no connection to LifeSource.

Good grief!

Indeed, that is good news because, to quote the NSF/ANSI website: "If you manufacture, sell or distribute water treatment or distribution products in North America, your products are required to comply with NSF/ANSI Standard 61".My kitchen faucets are likewise certified and I'm pretty sure they don't change the water hardness either. What's more, unless I'm missing something, that means the "ScaleSolver" has been on the market for exactly 3 months -- yet we have all these True Believers.

If you are looking to remove some of the taste and odor from your water I'm sure that their filter will do that... as will many other carbon filters who have a marketing department with a much lower budget.

If the problem you have is hard water, you need to listen to some water chemistry folks on here -- several of whom are very knowledgeable about water treatment.

This post was edited by jakethewonderdog on Sat, May 3, 14 at 22:20

o

To jaketheonderdog, maybe we should call you dog. Seems like the name fits you perfectly. Dog, sniff and dig dirt up, just like your posts.

You state that you want to see the water test before and after the units. Then why don't you buy a system and test the water yourself. Maybe you can not afford a unit. Oh SO SORRY. LOL.

Anyway, if you don't actually have a unit, then you have no right to even post anything. Have you even tasted the water or seen a unit? I bet you have no clue what NSF/ANSI even is.

I know you are one of those negative people that hate life. Oh maybe, you just like to always be against people. I wonder how you get through life.

Anyway, I am not here to judge you, but unless if don't have anything positive to say, then do all of us a favor and stop posting these dumb childish comments. Also, please stop quoting people, you sound like an uneducated person.
These posts on forums should be for people to want to learn and actually contribute something positive.

Now crawl back into the hole that you came out of.

o

DoctorCr,

We welcome new members here and encourage folks to come ask question, offer comments, post their experience. New members do it all the time. We are, however, a little suspicious of new members who sign up just to post a glowing review and a link to a business as, in our experience, they generally turn out to be shills for the company or fly-by posters.

You have outdone most of them already by posting a reply after your glowing review. However, to post simply to insult a long-standing member of the community, one who disputed your claims without attacking your person, is overly-defensive and childish. Honestly, your second post sounds like the type of taunting one might hear on an elementary school playground.

If you find yourself capable of an adult discussion, we'd love to hear about your continued experience after months and years of use.

o

Thanks Alice.

Good DoctorCr, I admit my post was sarcastic, and that's not usually my style. For that I apologize.

Of course Alice nailed the issue of both welcoming new members and being wary of brand new posters who write glowing reviews and links to manufactures websites.

The substance of my post I believe is spot- on though.
The LifeSource Water main unit is a carbon filter. Like virtually all carbon filters, it will improve the taste and smell of water. That's all it's certified to do.

As several of the unhappy reviews of this system have noted, a Britta filter will do the same thing for far less money. After all, do you really need to filter ALL of the water in your home (going to the toilets, the laundry, shower, etc) or primarily the water you drink?

There are much more reasonably priced whole-house carbon filters if you do need to filter everything because of sulfur smell, for example.

The ScaleSolver claims to use Template Assisted Crystallization (TAC) . Similar to the claims of magnetic scale removers TAC doesn't claim to remove hardness, just to clump the molecules together such that they don't form the type of hard scale that builds up on things (I'm paraphrasing).

A scan of the web indicates the jury is still out if TAC does what it claims, although there is some indication it does. There is not an ANSI/NSF testing category for this type of scale preventer and water testing will show the same results as untreated water since the minerals aren't removed.

What is clear is that TAC does not provide many of the benefits that people usually associate with soft water. To the extent it works, it's only claim is that it prevents scale buildup. It won't change the amount of soap you use, or how the water feels, or possibly even spots on your dishes.

The jury is still out on TAC in general, there's no way of knowing if LifeSource has successfully implement TAC in their ScaleSolver product and there's no independent testing to certify it or water analysis to indicate it works.

People looking at the LifeSource water filter system need to question how long the filter medium lasts. Reviewers are saying the carbon filter requires replacement of the entire system (they won't just replace the filter medium) after 10 years. TAC medium reportedly has a lifespan of 3 years.

Now to the source of my earlier sarcasm: This is a carbon filter, but from the sound of the new users who suddenly discovered this forum right after someone asked about the system, you would think the water had healing properties. I was ready to buy a a system to cure my male pattern baldness!

Ditto the LifeSource Water website.

Their website is just chocked full of attractive women standing next to shiny water filters, along with blond haired kids drinking a big glass of water. Judging from their website, using their filter will turn you caucasian and female-- that could be a problem for some users.

And of course it talks about the evils of traditional water softeners.

The website goes on about certification without spelling out too much what that certification means -- as the good DoctorCR pointed out, the ScaleSolver unit is certified not to poison you - very good news indeed. I think he may be the first poster on here ever to ever get excited about a plumbing product because it won't poison the water you drink.

My feeling is that these products are over-hyped, over marketed, and misleading - and thus the sarcasm.

o

Jake,

Thanks for the post to see your side of things. I apprecaite the fact that you examined all the post and comment about them. I have been with garden watch dog for years now. This is not new to me. I rarely review anything, but decided to do this with Lifesource, becasue it truly changed the water in my house. I am an I.T. Blogger not for items such as these.

Where I live I have bad water all the way around. 30% is well water, which we know is awful plus the hardness is over 25+ grains. My dishwasher and washing machine are toasted now because of this. My Ice cudes taste awful and clogged my water lines. I need a new refrigerator. I had to do something. Our clothes where coming out hard and very ugly looking in color and faded bad. I have used every detergent, softener, etc you can tink of. Nothing worked. My faucets, shower heads, and toliets looked like these items were 30 years old. This is a new house, custom bulit in 2007 with top of the line appliances, which now need to be replaced because of the water.

When I bought this system back in 2009, they didnt have the scale solver and more advanced pre-sediment filter. I decided to try this system again. It is way better than the last system. I spent 100's of hours researching all systems and talked to many reps from RO, Pelican, Omnipure, Zerowater, Britta, Culligan, Aquasana, etc and they are not rated for over 700,000 gallons of water. Lifesource is the only one with 3,5550,000 gallons. I needed something to last me for 20+ years. The scale Solver is rated at 1,355,000 gallons. I tested the water with other systems and they are still very hard.

I am not here to sell Lifesource systems. I know they are expensive, but they work. Really. My water not only taste great, but is soft. My clothes are better, the showers are way better. "Happy wife, happy life." That is where I am at now. My 20 month old daughter does not break out because of the water, like she did before the system. I know for a fact this system works. I do agree that you cant only have the carbon filter, but you need the other two items. The scale Solver does work.

Example, my water heater now has no white deposits like I always had before. My water is much hotter on a lower setting and my pipes are clean. I cut one open to test. All clean and clear. No white or green junk.

I think they are over priced, but not over hyped. It all depends on the product. As far as for the women hanging onto the units, they are ugly and I didnt buy the unit becuase of the pictures. I do wish Lifesource would state more info on their website about the product. They keep everything a secret. Which is not.

TAC is all over the internet. It was developed in Germany for years and it acutally works. TAC is used in their systems. If not then what is stopping the Scale? I have used this system for 4 years without the Scale Solver and now there is a huge difference with the Scale Solver.
I would love for someone to crack one of these units open and send us pictures. I too want to know.

I had my water tested from a reliable independent company with and without this system and there is a big difference in the water table of elements across the board. Knowing this, I can not live without this system. The chlorine is 99% reduced. I see the numbers myself.
With that I am a true believer. This unit better not break. LOL.

o

Can't you see DoctorCR works for / sells Lifesource. Who would post 1000's of words about a product? Who would waste thier time arguing about it?

His baby likes it, his car likes it, it's sold in Germany! What a crock.

Just the name 'Lifesource' screams: scam!

o

Just FYI DoctorCR - All of the TAC media manufactures specify a media life of 3-5 years in residential applications.

o

GB - You forgot to preface your remark with, "As an engineer . . ." ;>

o

Hey alice: Probably better than the degree you have.

In case you have been living in a cave, your ad hominem attacks, are now classified as bullying.

That screen handle: aliceinwonderland is pretty gay. Notice I didn't comment on it.

This post was edited by Geoffrey_B on Mon, May 5, 14 at 14:41

o

Let's not do that to each other folks - there's no reason for it.

I know I appreciate Alice's contributions a lot, particularly with regard to water treatment.

o

@jake: I agree, I'm too old for that type of banter.

It sounds like you know Alice. Please advise him/her that 'those' kind of attacks are uncalled for.

Sometimes I do say " I'm an engineer " - but that's when I see something that in my 40+ years in the Defense / Mechanical Engineering / Software Industry that seems to be totally out of wack - I may preface a comment with a tiny bit of my credentials. And yes I have two degrees + post graduate work, and I share that knowledge here.

This doesn't mean I'm correct, but rather, from an educated view point, it doesn't seem correct.

In many situations there is no right or wrong - but an opinion.

Alice doesn't seem to understand this.

o

Geoffrey_B,

I know Alice as well as I know you... only from here. I believe we have perhaps been posting longer - but that's the extent of it.

What I believe is that Alice knows a fair amount about water treatment and provides a lot of good advice for free on this board, as do several people. Nobody who donates their time needs to be attacked personally.

The thing is Geoffrey_B, you offended ME with the gay comment and all of what you said seems unworthy of someone with your education and background. You did far more damage to your own reputation than to Alice's.

I know I slipped into snarky mode myself earlier - and I apologized for it. It's easy enough to do Let's all try to stay on subject and let the minor trespasses go. It will be more enjoyable for everyone involved.

o

Sorry, jaketehwonderdog - an attempt at humor that fell flat in cyberspace.

To the topic at hand: TAC does show some promise, but does have some potential problems:

• Media life is relatively short. Manufactures specify 3-5 years in residential applications.
  • Media is expensive ~$150/L
  • To date there have been no studies indicating re-dissolution rate of crystals formed using TAC.
  • Media does not tolerate other contaminants, such as iron, manganese and chlorine.
  • As with most residential water treatment, the folks selling the systems generally lack sufficient knowledge of the technology to apply it properly.

These systems can work well, but they are not a panacea and need to be approached with all the relevant information in hand.

o

So Alice,

As I understand it TAC doesn't remove anything. Scale is an issue with hard water but it's not the only issue.. are people who use TAC based systems satisfied in-general with the result?

o

Correct - TAC removes nothing, it just causes rapid formation of a relatively insoluble form of calcium carbonate. The idea is that since those micro-crystals are formed quickly, they don't tend to build on each other and on surfaces.

Contaminants other than calcium carbonate disrupt the crystal formation, making results unpredictable. Additionally, only a portion of the calcium carbonate will form crystals. That portion depends on the entire water chemistry, temperature, flow velocity, etc, so it is difficult to predict in a residential setting where conditions fluctuate every time a fixture is used. The tech is not as easy to apply as ion exchange softening - it is less forgiving.

That said, it is difficult to answer your question about satisfaction with the system. It depends on:

1. Realistic expectations
  2. Water chemistry
  3. Correct application
  4. Vendor expertise
  5. Homeowner belief. In a system where there is no easy way to quantitatively measure results, feelings often determine satisfaction and the placebo effect can be very real when a homeowner spend a significant amount of money on a system.

o

WOW, so much has been said after my reviews. I must of sparked some little minds and nerves. Talking about time to post, I spent less time writing my post, then the many of comments you have added here.

Some of you like to be little others. That comes with ignorance and education. Either you are upset because you cant afford a unit or in fact you do not even own a house to put one in.

Maybe you didn't read my post correctly. I AM A CUSTOMER. I DO NOT WORK FOR LIFESOURCE.
Believe what you want, I can care less about what you think and what you say. Your post are very childish.

More about the facts:
TAC come in different tank sizes and can last up to 1.5 million gallons of water. There is no time on units, as they go by water usage and not years. Of course they tell you 3-5 years, so you can replace them before they die and in fact cause income for the companies who actually sell them. I know who makes them and I talked to them directly. I have many resources that I reach out to.

o

Due to its physical characteristics, TAC media life is determined by water velocity and time in contact with water and not the volume of the water that passes through it. A larger vessel can be expected to last a bit longer due to decreased water velocity, but time is still a major factor.

One additional point of interest in TAC-treated waters: the process liberates CO2, which remains dissolved as carbonic acid. High TDS waters will most likely be buffered adequately. Waters where hardness is the major portion of TDS may experience a drop in pH after TAC treatment. This isn't necessarily a problem. It depends on specific water chemistry and is something that should be tested prior to installation to ensure TAC is a viable option in each potential application site.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here