Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Metal shower hose that lasts?

Posted by Greg__R (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 23:09

Has anyone found a metal-clad shower hose that lasts? We have one on our clawfoot tub that leaks and needs replacing every 2 years or so. We've replaced it twice: once with Grohe and once with Delta. Is this just something that's going to break or does someone sell one that actually lasts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Metal shower hose that lasts?

You've replaced it with two of the better manufacturers of hand-held sprayers. Another manufacturer we use for Clawfoot tub faucet hardware is Sign of the Crab. High end stuff out of California- but to be perfectly honest, I don't know if you're going to get any better performance from their hose either. The problem lies with hoses that get wear in the same areas tend to separate in those same spots each time. I've got a few customers that replace their hoses on their handhelds at about the same rate. I will say you might contact Grohe if they were the last hose you bought, send a picture and ask if there is anything they will be willing to do for you on it. Grohe has been fantastic to some of my customers on certain faucets that had a piece break and took care of it free of charge in certain cases. It's worth a shot. If your last purchase was Delta, maybe do the Grohe this time and keep that in mind. It might be worth the price difference you'll pay between the two. Good luck! =-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here