Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
U shaped shower rod

Posted by kareena (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 22, 13 at 22:44

I recently renovated my pre-war bathroom where I kept the 3 sided cast iron tub. Unfortunately, I discarded my U shaped shower rod, thinking it would be easy to replace. The newer ones are cheaply made, and they come in 3 flimsy pieces which need to be connected. The material and the fact that it's not a single solid piece makes it much less stable than my original one. I even use the ceiling support rod which helps a little but not much. I dislike it immensely! My question is - does anyone know where I can get a solid, one-piece shower rod? Any sites that specialize in old-fashioned plumbing equipment? Thanks for any advice. Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: U shaped shower rod

Wayfair has one that looks to be one piece. It does have the ceiling support rod and I guess there's no way around that.

http://www.wayfair.com/Sunrise-U-Shaped-Shower-Curtain-Rod-SSCR2-XTW1025.html

Hopefully, the link will work.

Here is a link that might be useful: curtain rod

o

If you want a 1 piece U-Rod you can always buy a brass made rod which aren't flimsy like aluminum, along with a ceiling support in the middle shouldn't be a problem.
Below is a link that can help, this is of highest quality I could find.

Here is a link that might be useful: U-Shaped Rods

o

Had a claw foot tub and installed a shower valve and curtian support. I believe the maker was PortoFino. It was 4 sided with 3 support points, two wall and one ceiling. Very well made.

o

thanks for the responses. I can't believe how expensive some of these are! Unfortunately, none of the rods suggested fit my needs - I'm looking for a one piece rod with 2 short sides and one longer side. If I had only known how difficult this would be to replace, I would have kept the original one.... thanks again, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here