Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cobragrover

Drain, waste, and vent lines

cobragrover
9 years ago

I am working on a small cabin. It's water will be supplied by a cistern and all waste water will drain into a septic tank with 2 - 75 ft laterals. That's just some background. My problem I'm trying to work out now is how to drain and vent my fixtures.
Bathroom is in the back left corner of the cabin. In the corner is a shower, next to that a toilet, next to that a lavatory. That is your basic 5 ft by 9 ft bathroom. Continuing across the back of the cabin next to the bath is the kitchen. The only plumbing in the kitchen is the sink which is also on the back wall of the cabin. The only other drain/vent line will be the washer. The washer is on the other side of the bathroom wall towards the front of the cabin. So the washer is actually only about 5 ft from the toilet. My line to the septic tank leaves the crawl space on the left side of the cabin about 2-3 ft from the back left corner. So basically the main line runs under the shower and towards the kitchen. It goes through the block foundation just above the footer. I will try to draw it out as best I can.
Forgot to mention...above the wall the washer is on is a loft. There will be a knee wall which is where I hope the vents can come up.
How do I run the drains and vents? No inspections here but I would like to do this right.
I
I
I_____________
Washer

Comments (5)