Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kelsold

Own a Kohler Toilet w/ Class 6 Flushing System?

kelsold
13 years ago

Anyone own a Kohler Class 6 Flushing System Toilet? Do you like it? Does it live up to the advertising?

I want to update our toilets and would like to find out how well the new water saver toilets work.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments (7)

• Terry Love
    13 years ago

It will work better then thier old stuff.
    A bit sparce on the rinse, and tends to clog some where the trapway exits.
    The Class five had a large flapper that would leak when it softened. They have gone to a new canister that is supposed to stiffen the seal, brand new though, so only time will tell if this is really a fix.
    Early versions would hang on the chain.
    Kohler, always changing their parts.

• kelsold
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We had two of these Kohler Class 6 Flushing System Toilets installed last week and they are excellent. We are very impressed with their performance.

• dan_martyn
    13 years ago

kelsold,

Thanks for confirming that terry loves advice was incorrect. If you should ever have any problems with the performance in the near future, Kohler has in the past, replaced toilets (At their expense) if you are unhappy. Just contact Kohler at:

1-800-4-Kohler

I'm sure you will be pleased with your purchase.

Take Care,

Dan

• kelsold
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dan,

We are so impressed with the two Kohler class 6 toilets we installed a couple of weeks ago in our downstairs bathrooms, that I have ordered two more for our upstairs bathrooms. I ordered all four from HD and they have been a pleasure to deal with and also extended additional discounts when I inquired about purchase incentives.

Also, we recently installed a large Kohler whirlpool tub in our master bath and have been extremely pleased with it's performance.

So far we have been more than satisfied with our Kohler purchases.

Thanks for the info you provided, I will keep it on file. I hope I will never need it, but it is a comfort to know that Kohler stands behind their products.

Thanks again and best regards.

• Terry Love
    13 years ago

There is nothing incorrect with what I was saying.
    The question was about the new version of the class five and six system, big flush valve that is recent to Kohler's lineup. I did say it was an improvement over the old Kohler toilets. However, if and when it does plug, it's near the outlet.
    Toilets like the American Standard Cadet 3 and the TOTO Drake have better trapways, and will plug less often then the Kohler.
    The rinse on the Kohler isn't as good as on the Cadet or the Drake.
    So on those two counts, even though Kohler has improved some, it's still a little behind.
    I will say the the old Kohler Ingenium 2" flush valve bowls had the better rinse, but they plugged up pretty often compared to the newer large valve tanks.
    Kohler does stand behind their products, their web site is comprehensive and they have a good customer service department.
    Given the choices we now have, I just don't prefer their toilets. I like their bathtubs though.

• skyjumper
    11 years ago

well i'll chime in here. terry love is 100% correct.

i've owned a class 5 system for just under 2 years and on the 3rd flush valve seal already. it works fine for a few months then starts to stretch out, occasionally coming loose and getting hung up on the valve body during flushes. then after another month or so it just stops sealing altogether even when it's in the proper position. slowly lets water leak from tank to bowl, and causing fill valve to spontaneously turn on -- every 30 minutes or so at first, then every 20min, 10 mins, etc you get the idea.

and no I dont use drop in toilet pucks or harsh bowl cleaners.

HD recently began selling the seal for about $7 -- gee I wonder why?

Kohler agreed to send a whole new flush valve assembly -- but they are back ordered 2 months -- gee I wonder why.

then of course it doesn't wash the poo stains off the bowl --- but that's a whole different issue.

Kohler class 5 = junk.

• nepool
    10 years ago

I agree- have had a lovely Kohler Archer (good looks) with the same problem. 5 years- several seals. Also, the handle broke- plastic inside- wore out.

My 25 year old toilet (only one left in the house), has never had a single issue since we've been her (17 years). The old school flappers are just better then all these new technology mechanisms.