Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linjn_gw

flooded house loosening jam nut at bottom of tank

linjn
13 years ago

I was trying to change a flush valve and had the water supply shut off valve closed. After loosening the jam nut just below the tank I heard the water pressure surge and water came up near the floor the floor at the base of the water supply. Just turning the jam nut back in the opposite direction did not help at all. turning the supply line in either direction did not work, though I could try more now the water is turned off at the main and the spills are cleaned up sorta. i assume the supply line has come loose from a joint at the level of the floor. I would hate to see the bill on getting the toilet and sub floor ripped up to get at it. I'm out of work on disability and earning about half my income. Just found out Ineed to replace my porch roof for 1000. Any help you can give I would appreciate. I guess now that the water is shut off I'll see if I can get any more info. I have removed toilet in the past to replace seal so I have just a little experience. Had about an inch and a half of water in the second floor bathrom and alot of big puddles in the kitchen below. Water coming down around the kitchen light. UGH.

Comments (3)