Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toilet height

Posted by bus_driver (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 11 at 18:18

Friends of mine, a couple nearing age 80, are complaining that their toilet is too low and they now have trouble standing after using it. It does look low. I measured with seat up and the upper rim of the bowl is 14" above the floor. No manufacturers logo visible, the toilet is from 1968. My Toto at home looks higher but it is just 15" I found some "right height" American Standard that are 16.5" high. Recommendations?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toilet height

I don't recall the brand, but i did see some 17" high commodes at the blue big box store. They also refer to them as chair height commodes. The also make an attachment for standard height commode's that will raise the height about 3 or 4 inches. The one i installed , i removed the toilet seat and it attaches right to the commode.

o
RE: Toilet height

If they are labled "Comfort Height" these are the taller ones which meet the ADA requirements for 17"-19" seat height. 15 1/2" and lower are standard height. I like Kohler but any with a rim height of 16 1/2" or greater.

Take Care,

Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here