Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jafo111

Ever seen one of these?

jafo111
9 years ago

Hi all,

This is a floor drain in the basement of a new to me (~50's) house I just purchased. It looks to be a drain with a trap built-in and a clean-out that will probably never come out. I'm hoping someone can tell me what to expect when I break out the concrete and expose the pipe. Looks to be cast iron and has had some de-lamination in the bowl that I had pulled out on the floor.

I'm looking to add a new bath in the room above and was hoping I could have a new waste stack come down from the floor above and tie into this branch. On this branch it appears to be this floor drain, washing machine and wash room sink, and possibly the kitchen sink that is about 20 feet away. The other 2 bathrooms are on the other side of the house and feed into the main stack through a different branch. I don't know what size pipe is below this drain but am guessing 3 or 4".

Anything I should check to assure the pipe is in good working condition? I have poured buckets of water down and it seems to handle the flow well.

Thanks,

Dave