Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Housetron

Posted by ejpip (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 17:17

My water softener stopped working after 20 years. I checked with the water department and the total hardness of my water is 7gpg. I certainly notice a difference with the feel of my water without the softener but don't know if I should be looking at another softener with the 7gpg. If was suggested that I look at the Housetron by fluid dynamics as an alternative so my husband does not have to lug bags of salt up and down the steps. I was wondering if anyone has seen this unit in action. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Housetron

Bump. #7 is worth softening, IMHO. Ion-exchange softeners are the benchmark. Everything else is controversial. That controversy has been addressed ad-naseum on this forum. Use the search function.

o

I did a search... and found one thread. This one. The guy at my plumbing supply house says he has sold many Housetrons, and his customers all say their water is more soft after installation. He said he is building a new house and will install a Housetron after his whole house filter (most of which do not reduce hardness). I see many people posting (here and elsewhere) that say the Housetron is snake-oil - but I've never read one review by someone who had actually tried (or tested) it and then said it didn't work.

Anyone can say it won't work; one guy who sells them says it may sound fishy, but it does work. How hard would it be to have one's water tested before and after installation? Surely someone, somewhere, has done this!

o

Looks fishy... sounds fishy... there are no independent scientific studies listed on the Fluid Dynamics web site to sustain their claims only "testimonials" and not publishing pricing on their web site is well... alarming to say the least. I can see why Fluid Dynamics refers to their products as a GREEN SOLUTION cause it will definitely increase the GREEN in their bank account.

You can be the first to buy one, use it for one year (they say FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE for ONE YEAR), then test the water before and after... then share your results and opinion. If you're not satisfied see how easy it will be to get your money back and whether you eat the shipping and there are restocking charges.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here