Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joaniepoanie

Stains in Toto toilet bowl

joaniepoanie
11 years ago

I have also posted this in the BR forum...

I have had a Soiree in my MB for two years now and the bottom of the bowl has stained badly even though it is cleaned regularly. Today I turned off the water and poured CLR in there and let it soak for awhile. I then scrubbed it with the toilet brush..some came off. I then tried getting the rest with a smaller brush but it is impossible to angle a brush to get to the front inside and you can still see the stains. I had resorted to using colored tablets to hide the staining but I don't like to use them. Thanks for any suggestions for techniques or products that might help.

Comments (3)

• homebound
    11 years ago

Go to a janitorial supply and buy a quart of industrial strength toilet bowl cleaner. I have a jug lying around somewhere that will clean any of that baked on crud in about half a second with a brush. I wish I could give you a name, but I can't find it at the moment. Sorry.

• Carolyn Jenkins
    2 years ago

I realize this chain originated in 2012, but I also have white ToTo toilet bowls. They are 6 months old and inside near the bottom there are large yellowish stains/rings. I use the liquid Barkeeper’s Friend, but the yellow stains remain. Any advice as to what I can use to remove the yellowish stains without scratching the bowl?

• w0lley32
    2 years ago

Do like homebound suggested and buy toilet bowl or urinal cleaner (blue cream stuff) from a janitorial supply store. You want something with phosphoric acid in it.