Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamadadapaige

$1,000 valve - you've got to be kidding? help...

mamadadapaige
12 years ago

We had an outdoor shower put in a couple of years ago - it turns out the person who did this wasn't the most qualified. We live in the Northeast - cold winters! We shut the water off at the end of the season but didn't realize we were suppose to remove the whole shower system from the outside since it really wasn't meant to be outside in the first place.

Long story short, it is broken. We are selling the house and I feel from a "good karma" perspective that we should get this up and running for the new owners (whose inspector did not catch the broken shower situation but nonetheless I feel it is important to fix it).

The plumbing showroom locally is quoting me $1,014 just for the valve! which is apparently the only non-functioning part. They say it is just the "guts" that is broken, not the trim or showerhead, etc. How can the "guts" cost this much.

They are checking to see if a generic part can be used in place of the cifial part but she thinks not.

Below is a link to what we have and here is a list of the items in the Cifial Exposed Thermostatic Shower Kit.

Does this make sense? does anyone have any knowledge to help me get this done for less money? I just am floored at what I thought would be a simple fix costing so much.

Exposed Thermostatic Shower Kit w/8" Showerhead

Exposed Thermostatic Shower Kit w/8" Showerhead

Brunswick Series

With Handshower

1/2" Hi-Flow Thermostatic Valve - 12 gpm @ 60 psi

Brass lever volume handle

Brass cross temperature handle

42" riser, 8" diameter showerhead - projects 17" from wall

Here is a link that might be useful: Cifial Shower kit

Comments (4)