Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
creating a combination sink and outdoor shower

Posted by mosstender (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 24, 12 at 15:05

We have two existing outdoor faucets side by side, one hot and one cold. I'm wanting to be able to control the temperatures of the two sources coming through one spigot. My big question is what fittings/sizes, etc. do I need and can I do this myself? (be sure to read about the existing 'combiner spigot I already have, below)
I would like to use these sources of water in multiple ways:
1. to combine hot and cold water that could be used in an old double sink that is on a homemade counter near the spigots (about 2 feet away.) I'm thinking about mounting the combination faucet I mention below to the sink.
2. to also be able to attach a hose to the end of the combo spigot that can hang on a hook nearby and have a shower spray attachment at the end to be used as a shower for people and taken off the hook as a sprayer for washing our dogs with controllable temperatures.
The materials I have:
I acquired a brand new heavy duty 'service faucet' Zurn, model Z 1996-SF for next to nothing and wanted to try using it to combine the separate hot and cold faucets we already have hooked to our outer wall. The existing hot and cold faucets are about a foot off the ground and about 6 inches apart. I also have a 6' washing machine fill hose with a 90" elbow connection with 3/4" female hose thread both ends. Hope this is clear. Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: creating a combination sink and outdoor shower

How do you plan to plumb the drain for the sink and shower?
Do you live in an area where freezing weather is a concern?
That faucet is designed for through-the-wall plumbing. Do you intend to surface-mount your supply pipes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here