Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mosstender

creating a combination sink and outdoor shower

mosstender
11 years ago

We have two existing outdoor faucets side by side, one hot and one cold. I'm wanting to be able to control the temperatures of the two sources coming through one spigot. My big question is what fittings/sizes, etc. do I need and can I do this myself? (be sure to read about the existing 'combiner spigot I already have, below)

I would like to use these sources of water in multiple ways:

1. to combine hot and cold water that could be used in an old double sink that is on a homemade counter near the spigots (about 2 feet away.) I'm thinking about mounting the combination faucet I mention below to the sink.

2. to also be able to attach a hose to the end of the combo spigot that can hang on a hook nearby and have a shower spray attachment at the end to be used as a shower for people and taken off the hook as a sprayer for washing our dogs with controllable temperatures.

The materials I have:

I acquired a brand new heavy duty 'service faucet' Zurn, model Z 1996-SF for next to nothing and wanted to try using it to combine the separate hot and cold faucets we already have hooked to our outer wall. The existing hot and cold faucets are about a foot off the ground and about 6 inches apart. I also have a 6' washing machine fill hose with a 90" elbow connection with 3/4" female hose thread both ends. Hope this is clear. Thanks for any help!