Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is Best Instant Hot Water for Kitchen Sink?

Posted by kelsold (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 28, 10 at 14:19

Doing a kitchen update and want to add instant hot water to the kitchen sink.

Have looked up two systems:
1. Franke Little Butler: the reviews are very negative for leaking from flex hoses and tank cracks
2. Insinkerator Indulge Contemporary: negative reviews as well for leaks and very poor warranty support

Does anyone know of a reliable non-leaking system? We just need something that will make a cup of tea a few times a day, in other words not a heavy workload.

Thanks in advance for any advice and guidance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is Best Instant Hot Water for Kitchen Sink?

Since I am a big tea drinker in the morning, I thought about including one in our new house. But then looking around I saw that they are not instant heaters but rather have tank to store hot water. So rather than heat and store hot water 24/7, I just pop a cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes and I have my "cuppa". Repeat as necessary! Maybe I'm wrong but I think this approach uses less energy.

o

Yep, Insinkerator's are supposed to be trouble. We've been extremely happy with our Everhot from Water Inc. We installed it in late 2002 and have no complaints. I'm a big tea drinker and DH uses a french press coffee maker, we'd be lost w/o it !

Here is a link that might be useful: Everhot

o

I am on my second In-Sink-Erator H990W-SS instant hot water dispenser. It has a 2/3 gallon stainless steel tank under the sink, and I use it constantly. I had the first one for about 10-12 years I'm guessing, and it only failed because the electricity was upgraded in my neighborhood, and since I already had it cranked up to its maximum temperature (200), something apparently blew and it stopped heating. But it never leaked. This model is not the most attractive one, but it's the only one that will work in my kitchen sink, and it serves my purposes very well. You can also find models that dispense both hot and cold water.

o

Searching about this topic on gardenweb, I stumbled upon this exact same thread that was posted within minutes so if you want to keep reading you can continue there...

Here is a link that might be useful: Instant Hot Water for Kitchen Sink - GardenWeb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here