Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
william12_gw

Faucets4cheap.com???

william12
14 years ago

Anyone ever order faucets or other fixtures from this website, faucets4cheap.com? If so did it go smoothly or did you encounter issues? I ask because they seem to have great prices on most faucets.

Thanks in advance...

Here is a link that might be useful: faucets4cheap.com

Comments (13)

• justalurker
    14 years ago

No direct experience with that seller but, for me, this has always proven to be true... the bitterness of poor quality (or service) lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - John Ruskin.

I have learned that the hard way more times than I care to admit.

• justalurker
    14 years ago

Just did a little comparative shopping for the kitchen faucet we bought 6 months ago.

Faucets4cheap.com is about $100 more than a couple of other online sellers and $150 more than I paid at Lowes.

Same Delta faucet part number at all vendors.

Just cause it's for sale on the web don't make it the best deal.

• beekeeperswife
    14 years ago

Well I haven't used them...yet. I had just found their site today, went to GW this afternoon to do a search and there was your question. I was just doing a little looking around on the web, and I found myself back at eBay. Guess what? FAucets4cheap is a Power seller, 2000+ reviews, 100%positive feedback, member since 2002. In fact the price for the faucet I am searching for is cheaper on their eBay listing than at their online store. Good luck to you, and wish me luck too!

• lazypup
    14 years ago

i have no personal knowledge of "Faucetts4cheap.com" however based upon my experiences of the past, I absolutely refuse to purchase anything online unless it is from a well known reputable source.

In the past I have been confronted with far too many job delays because the homeowner ordered something online, only to have it be back ordered for for 30 to 60 days, followed by the notice that the item is no longer available, please select an alternative, and no doubt another delay in delivery. Lets face it folks, anybody can set up a website in an hour or so, and when you place your order, they get your money up front, yet you have no guarantee that even the website will be there tomorrow, never mind the name or address of the person behind it.

Here is a scam that I got caught up in about a year ago.

Have you ever had to return a piece of defective merchandise to your local retailer? What becomes of that defective item once it arrives back at the store? In some instances the manufacturer has the retailer ship it back to them for refund, but more often than not, the retailer is credited for the item and the manufacturer says to just dispose of it locally because the cost of shipping it back and reworking it would exceed the value of the item. sometimes the retailer will clearly mark the item as having a problem and place it in a discount area but far more often the item is placed on a pile in the stock room and when they get a big pile of defective items the entire pile is sold to a scrap dealer for parts or recycling.

About a year ago I had a customer inform me that they had purchased their new faucet online for a fraction of the price I could supply it for, but when it came time to install the faucet I found that the container was clearly marked "defective" with a magic marker, but when it was shipped to the customer the online distributor threw in a rebuild kit. Now I ask you, is it fair to me to have to take the time and bother of rebuilding the item before I install it? Should I be expected to offer a full warranty on what is obviously defective merchandise, I think not. Needless to say, I flat refused to install that faucet and as a result, we are still litigating in court about the final payment on my contract.

• jake2007
    14 years ago

Good point Pup...

I have mixed feelings about online. I have purchased virtually everything online - water heater, tools, air compressor, expensive camera equipment, computers, etc. It's all been a remarkably good experience.

At the same time, I'm installing it, I'm taking the hit if it's delayed and I'm not asking a contractor to do the leg/brain work and then not giving him the markup.

It's not a retail experience and I'm completely cool with that. People who want a brick-and-mortar store experience should go to a retail store. The thing is that I can get better research and better selection (and often better pricing) than if I had gone to a store. Believe it or not, I also get better service sometimes too. I really try not to go to a store to look at something - and then buy it online.

I check out the places that I deal with and there are ways to protect yourself against bad actors. For example, places like Amazon and EBay allow buyers to rate the vendors. PayPal can provide some protection also. Goggling the vendor will also provide some feedback.

• faucetman886
    14 years ago

"LAZYPUPS" CONDEMNATION OF ONLINE SHOPPING SITES BASED ON SOMEONES BAD EXPERIENCE REMINDS ME OF THE PARENTS OF MY BEST FRIENDS WHO HAVE CONDEMNED MERCEDES CARS AS WORTHLESS FOR YEARS BECAUSE THEY KNEW SOMEONE IN 1958 THAT HAD ONE THAT BROKE DOWN AND LEFT THEM STRANDED ON THE ROADSIDE. REGARDLESS OF ANY THING SINCE THAT ONE PROBLEM HAS IN THEIR OPINION PAINTED WHAT IS UNQUESTIONABLY ONE OF THE GREATEST CAR BRANDS WORLD WIDE AS BAD CARS. ONLINE BUSINESSES OF EVERY SORT, NOT JUST PLUMBING SUPPLIES, OFFER A GREAT CONVENIENCE TO TODAYS SHOPPER ESPECIALLY IN OUR TIGHT ECONOMY. THEY PROVIDE AN ACTIVE COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND ARE A RESOURCE FOR THE GREATEST FORUM FOR PRICE AND QUALITY COMPARISON. I HARDLY MAKE ANY MAJOR PURCHASE EITHER ONLINE OR AT A BRICK AND MORTAR STORE WITHOUT FIRST RESEARCHING THE MARKET ONLINE. BUSINESSES THAT MAKE THEIR BUSINESS BY CHEATING THE CUSTOMER OR SELLING INFERIOR OR DEFECTIVE GOODS DO NOT LAST LONG IN THE MARKET PLACE WHETHER ONLINE OR IN BRICK AND MORTAR FORMAT.

• jake2007
    14 years ago

Hey Faucetmanm: There is a key on your keyboard just to the left of your "A" key. You want to press that key. Otherwise your posts appear to be shouting and are otherwise really difficult and obnoxious to read.

I think that The Pup made a good point about lead times and getting refurbs. Grey-market and counterfeit parts are an issue. What he said was to purchase online from a reputable source. I said basically the same thing. The other thing you want to check is if the warranty is valid if it's purchased from the online vendor. Some manufacturers have authorized retailers and won't warranty a product bought from a retailer who isn't authorized.

When you are working with contractors, having the homeowner order a critical part can cause problems if the part is back ordered, arrives damaged or is the wrong part. Having something shipped overnight can eat up any savings. Having someone take responsibility for getting the materials to the job site on-time is part of what you pay the contractor mark-up for. Just something to be aware of.

BTW: Mercedes does have a bad rep for reliability.

• faucetman886
    14 years ago

Sorry about the all caps, not shouting at all. I have parkinsons and have a difficulty typing long paragraphs and find it easier to type in all caps or lower case other wise as with this one I have to constantly go back an correct my typing and capitals.
    I agree that one should be certain as to who they buy from but the internet is full of compliments and complaints enouogh to be able to judge a business without condemning the whole industry as bad.
    When I could work and afford one I had 13 mercedes over the years and always found them to be great but could never convince my friends parents of that...LOL I have an old 1989 now that even though I can rarely drive it, she always cranks the first time.

• jake2007
    14 years ago

Okay... I feel bad about the caps lock comment now.

Hey, I always liked the look of the 1980's Mercedes. I remember when my neighbors bought his and hers convertibles - I thought it was the coolest - esp since I was keeping my parents' $100 station wagon running.

• seals10_verizon_net
    12 years ago

I used them in 2007. I was very pleased. My husband had a contractor's discount at a local store and they said the best they could do was $600+. I got the same Grohe faucet for over $200 cheaper. Price was $419.95. Arrived at my door, free shipping. NO problems. I am referring a friend to the site right now. Just checking to make sure it's still there.

• KENANCON
    11 years ago

Received damaged, high-end faucet. Faucet 4 Cheap refused to pay for just replacement part so plumber could do installation. Faucet 4 Cheap wanted to do a return and reship faucet which would have taken 2-3 weeks. Response from company..."you should think about that when buying online".

• HU-119531147
    3 years ago

Yes good products bought a grohe kitchen faucet absolutely great

• HU-546938058
    11 months ago

Yes. Bought a lot of my high end grohe plumbing fixtures from them. Absolutely fabulous. Never had a problem.