Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shower rough-in with two volume controls

Posted by homebound (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 12 at 10:15

I am roughing in a Rohl shower (thermostatic valve) that will have two functions: One shower head with volume control, and one handheld shower with volume control.

Since there is no tub, can I use that mixer port for one of the other functions, or am I supposed to tee off the upper port toward each volume control? I know there is higher volume from the tub filler port, but wondering if there's a reason not to do this for another function since they each have their own flow restrictor anyway.

The hot and cold supplies are 1/2" (not the 3/4" that is recommended).

Also, the handheld will be on the far side of an adjacent wall (interior wall) at a higher level level than the mixer and the other volume control. Any recommendations on the configuration of that piping? If I can pipe from the tub port of the mixer, can it just travel over and then up into the volume control valve, or do I need to loop upward for any part of it?

Thanks very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
answer

I found the answer. Bottom port is for volume control and tub filler only. Using it for anything else can mess with the water temps if more than one function is in use at the same time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here