Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Septic Protector

Posted by pamelah (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 28, 10 at 9:54

This is cross posted in the Laundry forum. I think it's a question better posed here.

Have any of you installed the Septic Protector filter on your washing machines? Our new home will have a septic tank. I am skittish about a septic system because I have not lived in a septic tank serviced home in 50 years!

The science behind the device leads me to believe that we should install it, but the seller's website photos do not show the installation into a typical standpipe. If you have installed it this way, please let me know if you have experienced any issues from diverting the washer discharge up to the Septic Protector unit.

This is the link to the info about the unit:
http://www.laundry-alternative.com/products/Septic_Protector.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Septic Protector

This was also posted in Laundry Room forum, and is being discussed there.

o
RE: Septic Protector

My concern with this device is; What happens when the homeowner installs this device and forgets to clean it and then the washing machine pump fails due to the restriction of the flow? I see no warrenty for pump failure. I wonder if the manufacturer will send his repairman out to fix your washer? Or will he say "Thats not covered?"

I use a .99 cent lint trap on my waste which I recommend. If you have a septic tank with two sectons, the first is the settling tank which retains matter that settles, and matter that floats (Lint floats). the down turned tube which directs waste water to the second tank, is drawing waste water from the middle of the first tank, retaining the matter.

If your worried about septic tank failure, you should be more concerned with the products you use that go into the system. The tank is a biological environment and if you put bleaches, anti-bacterial soaps and other products which will kill the organizims, then you may have failure.

Take Care

Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here