Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Hot water radiator

Posted by gildomilo (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 12, 10 at 8:22

All of the hot water radiators on the second floor of our house (1929 construction) have a valve, then a tee on the same side of the radiator. The water comes in from the vale, through a center passage of the tee and into the radiator. I assume the cold water is then forced out through the outer passage of the tee and down the return pipe. Is this an old type of monoflow tee? Does anyone know why are the second floor radiators like this, and the first floor ones have a feed pipe on one side and return pipe on the other?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Hot water radiator

duplicate posting

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here