Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rrah_gw

Insects inside of outdoor water spigot

rrah
11 years ago

This is a weird one. For the last several years I have seen insect carcasses and tiny bits of leaves come out of one of our outdoor spigots when I fill watering cans, etc. At one point in time some of the water coming out was dirty. It's never caused a problem and usually I've been able to run the water for several minutes and clear it out. Yesterday I ran the hose out to the garden and attached it to a soaker hose. I checked on the garden a couple of hours later, and it was still dry. I did some trouble shooting with the hoses, etc. and determined the lack of water was at the spigot.

I turned the water off, detached the hose, and turned the water back on. Several bug carcasses or something that looked like black and brown bits of grossness came out. No bits of plant matter this time though. I hooked the hose back up and tried again. Again, the water stopped running after a minute or two. I detached the hose again and ran the water for several minutes. A few more bugs came out when I first turned the water on and then stopped. I went through the process several times. Still no water going through the hose after a minute. I'll try the hose on a different spigot today, but it really seems to be a problem in the spigot or the water line. I'm at a loss as to how to get any remaining bugs out of the water line and how to prevent this from happening in the future. Any suggestions?

I've done a google search for this no luck.

I'll also add this, living out in the country can bring some odd house issues!

Comments (4)