Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reverse Osmosis Help Please!!

Posted by therohz (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 8, 10 at 0:09

I'm having a problem with a fairly new (2+ years old) GE 3-filter reverse osmosis unit. The unit will not refill after emptying. I have changed out the filters. One of my children was playing around and let some air out of the pressurized storage tank. Some one told me that it takes 7-9 psi and I've filled it with approx that amount, but no go. If I take apart the filters and unscrew the shut-off cover and take out and put back the check-ball assembly, put it all back together, it will refill!!! But once its full, it won't recharge unless I do it all over again. Does anyone have any ideas??? GE was NO HELP. It seems like it would be a simple fix, but I can't wrap my head around it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reverse Osmosis Help Please!!

When you say "3 filter RO" do you mean two 10" pre filters and a post filter or what?

What is the exact model # of your RO?

Was the RO working OK before the kid adjusted the pressure?

Was the RO working OK before you changed the filters?

Did you just change the 10" filters or did you change the membrane and/or the post filter?

Did you get the correct filters or just filters that looked like what you needed?

Let's undo the first problem and get the pressure in the storage tank right.

In order to set the pressure in the storage tank correctly there must be NO water in it. Shut off the water to the RO. Open the RO faucet and let the RO drain all the water out of the tank.

When the tank is empty set the pressure between 6 and 7 pounds. You can't use a compressor cause the volume is too small. Use a bicycle pump.

Turn on the water to the RO and wait till the tank fills.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here