Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help quick finding natural gas line to bury

Posted by c9pilot (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 07 at 22:06

(repost from the Kitchen forum)
I hope someone here can help!
Our local plumbers here in St. Petersburg, FL can't find the 3/4" natural gas feed line that we can "bury" in our concrete slab for the island installation for our 36" Wolf AG range sitting in the garage.
We need a 22' section with male connectors for underground installation, PS-II "tracpipe" by Omega (according to DH, who is away on travel for work), or something like that.
Our renovation is at "all stop" until we find this line.
Any ideas? We are new to the area so I don't even know where to start.
Lisa A.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help quick finding natural gas line to bury

Even if you find it you cannot direct bury a gas line under a structure or under a slab.

All gas lines under a structure or under a slab are required to be sleeved the full length of the run. The sleeve must be sched.40 pipe two nominal sizes larger than the gas line and the sleeve must be sealed on the inside end. The exterior end of the sleeve must be sealed to prevent ground water from entering the sleeve and you must provide an above ground vent. The vent must rise vertical from the sleeve, then turn 180deg so that the opening is pointing downward and the final opening must remain a minimum of 4" abovefinished grade.

o
RE: Need help quick finding natural gas line to bury

I'm not sure what this means.
We already have gas to the house for the water heater in the garage. We are extending it up through the attic and then down into and then under the kitchen for an island range.
This is what the county said to get for it; we just can't find it unless we order 100' roll at $7/ft.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here