Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help! Faucet placement error in bathtub

Posted by lezli_2010 (My Page) on
Sat, May 28, 11 at 20:57

Hello,
We are building a new home. The plumber and I had a bit of a misunderstanding, and as a result, I now have three holes for a deck mount faucet drilled through the top side of my acrylic tub -- in a very awkward spot. The faucet needs to be moved if I'm going to be able to get in and out of the tub safely, but unless we can fill the holes, or cover them, or ?????, we will either have to live with it (not much of an option) or buy another brand new tub and have it reinstalled ... mega bucks we don't have!!!!! Anyone have any ideas? I hope .. I hope .. I hope ...
Lezli

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help! Faucet placement error in bathtub

I'd contact the tub manufacturer to see if they have blank-off kits to match the tub finish, or, lacking that, a recommendation as to how to cover or fill the holes in an appropriate manner.
If you got the tub from a distributor, they should know.

o
RE: Please help! Faucet placement error in bathtub

I'd try to learn to live with it instead of buying a new one. Are you completely convinced it's a safety issue, or is that influenced by the fact that you're unhappy it's not in the right place? I've had remodels where a few things weren't done right and it seemed a big deal at the time...later I didn't notice it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here