Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Faucet and Garbage Disposer Replacement Parts

Posted by happs (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 14 at 20:08

I would like to replace a kitchen faucet and garbage disposal. I have purchased both of these items as well as a garbage disposal installation kit. What other parts do you all think I need? New supply lines and angle stops? A new rubber dishwasher drain hose? I have included a picture of the area underneath the sink.

http://i60.tinypic.com/5otmir.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Faucet and Garbage Disposer Replacement Parts

Buy a similar disposer (eg. insinkerator 500 or badger 5), then just swap it. No need to replace the flange installed in the sink. Since you have a dishwasher connection, make sure to knock out the tab in the GD dishwasher port (hammer and screwdriver), then turn it upside down and shake until it falls out.

Never heard of a "GD installation kit" and I've installed plenty. I'll have to look that up just to see.

o

Here is the garbage disposer installation kit

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DBHL-Plastic-Garbage-Disposal-Installation-Kit-HP9104/202882849

o

You won't need this kit to replace an existing GD. You should probably take it back.

o

Ok. I just thought it would be a good idea to replace the existing plastic pipes with ones that come in the kit after 12 years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here