Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something inside sillcock

Posted by jennyzone5 (My Page) on
Tue, May 21, 13 at 19:07

I hope this is the correct forum for this post. I have something inside my sillcock that is blocking the water flow. Water flows out around it but at such a reduced rate that I don't get enough water pressure to use a garden hose.

When I bought the house it had an attachment that allowed it to split off into 2 different hoses. I am wondering if this could possibly be a part of it that broke off but if so, how can I get it out without removing the faucet? The faucet is a frost-free with no water shutoff valve and looks to be welded to the pipe and not screwed so I really don't want to have to get someone to remove it for me.

The long thing in the middle is damaged at the end from my attempts to take pliers to it. That stick seems to be on a rollerball, it moves in any direction. I can't unscrew whatever it is.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something inside sillcock

I'd suspect it's part of the anti-siphon. Does you silcock have a little cap on the top of it?

o
RE: Something inside sillcock

The Vaccum Breaker? Yep it has one. Mine has the little drain at the bottom and it looks to be welded to the pipe not screwed, but otherwise looks like your picture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here