Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cw78_gw

Marlo Water Softener

CW78
12 years ago

Can anyone out there recommend Marlo water softeners (residential) or give me any pro/con opinions? I cannot find any information on the internet. Thank you.

Comments (12)

• User
    12 years ago

If you can't find any info on the internet and the seller can't or won't provide any then best to avoid that brand.

• asolo
    12 years ago

Apparently you did it wrong. I googled "marlo water softeners" and found pages instantly. Commercial and residential offerings. I know nothing about them but there's TONS of information instantly available.

• User
    12 years ago

I didn't get around to GGOGLING till now and there they are...

Seems like industry standard stuff. The models with the Clack control are more desirable than the models with the Autotrol control.

The real info you need is HOW MUCH? If they are priced in the market then if correctly sized for your water conditions and water use and properly set up for efficient operation there's no reason not to. I'd check around with local water treatment professionals. You might find exactly the same softener for less money.

• CW78
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry! What I should have said is that I cannot find any independent information-----the sort of thing where people are either complaining or singing the praises of the thing. There is a ton of information on the web that says very little. Their company website is pretty pitiful compared to the others. The post from justalurker is the most helpful thing I have read so far today.

• rjh2o
    12 years ago

Marlo has primarily used Fleck control valves in the past. Their early cabinet model valves were an Erie valve I believe. Currently they offer the Autotrol and Clack line of water softener valves for residential use. The commercial valves are still Flecks. You really can not go wrong with the Clack valve, great valve, easy to work on, excellent electronics. There are not a lot of Marlo dealers around anymore. But these valve can be serviced by most independent dealers.
    RJ

• rjh2o
    12 years ago

CW78 you can go to www.wqa.org to look for a certified water treatment professional in your area.
    Depending on where you live you can contact Nelsen corp.
    http://www.nelsencorp.com/ in Ohio or Arizona for an independent dealer in your area.
    RJ

• User
    12 years ago

Why Nelson Corp, specifically?

• User
    12 years ago

"Why Nelson Corp, specifically?"

JMO...

Because Nelsen Corp is the biggest of the drop shipping wholesale distributors. I find Nelsen Corp ethically challenged (regardless of what they say on their web site) because they are responsible for most of the softener hucksters who sit at their kitchen table and sell softeners over the internet (for a quick profit) that are incorrectly sized and set up with no service

• obrionusa
    12 years ago

My local plumbing supply warehouse sells this brand. I'm too looking for a new softner and cant find any reviews on the marlo brand. The plumbing supply store gives me a contractor discount there. Did you go with a marlo brand?

• jean_grandma
    8 years ago

My Marlo Water Softener was installed 35 years ago when we built our house. I've lost the Manual for it. My husband had a stroke so now I'm trying to maintain it. Our well water brings up rust and dirt particles which clog the little screen and then the softener can't keep my water soft. I'm looking for instructions on how to take out and clean the little screen. Because when the softener works it does a wonderful job. It has been a very good thing here in our home,---when the screen stays clean!

• User
    8 years ago

I don't have a manual for your softener, but the best thing you could do if you have particulates is to install a filter upstream from the softener so you won't have to clean the softener screen. If you call a water treatment pro to install a filter, you could probably get them to clean the screen for you as well.