Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frost free faucet

Posted by jimrac (My Page) on
Mon, May 3, 10 at 15:19

Contractor replace my outdoor spigot, witna frost free valve.

It was great for a while (maybe 3 years old or so), now, when i turn the faucet on, it seems water comes out of the gray cap on the top of the thing, if you know what I mean???

I would think, it should not leak whatsoever.

Am I wrong? Please et me know what you might think the issue is?

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frost free faucet

You can take it apart. Pull the stem and see if anything is loose or worn on the inside. If loose, then repair and reassemble.

If broken or worn, or things just don't go your way, you can get a vacuum break repair kit and swap that out for the old.

Or just buy a completely new bib and swap out the old for the new.

o

"Or just buy a completely new bib and swap out the old for the new."

Just hope the valve installed now is screwed in and not soldered.

I have seen more hose valves soldered in with the joint buried behind things like tile than you can shake a stick at.

o

Please tell me where I can get parts for asse 1019 frost free faucet...thank you...

o

I just repaired one made by them (B & K Industries), which are the ones you see in home depot. In my case, it was leaking so the stem was replaced, too, which meant I needed the model number to get the correct length stem & cartridge replacement. They also sent a replacement cap and assembly underneath.

In your case, it sounds like just the parts under the cap need to be replaced. Again, if the mfr is B & K Industries, they will send a free replacement. Or you could splurge on a new one to take off the cap and guts. To do so, don't grab the nylon threads. Instead, use tow two slotted (standard) screwdrivers inserted into the air hole slots and turn it. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here