Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fleck Water Softner

Posted by aleicgrant (My Page) on
Mon, May 16, 11 at 14:10

Hi everyone,

I live in Central Florida which is known to have hard water. We would like to add a water softner to our house. The measured hardness is between 15 and 20 so I think we are a good candidate.

We have 3 people in the house with 4 bathrooms.

My plan is to purchase a Flex 7000 with 80,000 grain capacity.
I also plan to use potassium to cut down on the salt as sodium is an issue for our family.

any comments on fleck. Where is a good place to look for someone to install. The house previously had a water softner and the loop is already in place.

thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fleck Water Softner

You really don't need that large a capacity system. A 60k system will be more than adequate for your needs. If you believe you need that much capacity a Fleck 9100 90k twin tank would be much more efficient. Potassium is not as efficient as sodium so it takes 25% more KCL to regenerate the same amount of resin.
You can contact Nelsen Corp in Florida and they can recommend a dealer in your area. Here is the info.
Nelsen Corporation
5120 E Adamo Dr. Suite F
Tampa, FL 33619
Ph: 866-712-6796

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here