Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

How to replace 90 bend with a T in galvanized steel?

Posted by natureboy8888 (My Page) on
Fri, May 14, 10 at 13:48

Okay, so I have a 90 degree bend in my galvanized plumbing. I'd like to replace that with a T and branch a new line from there. I can't unscrew one pipe because it would just tighten at the other end, right? And if I can just magically remove the 90 bend (saw through it?), I'd have the same problem screwing the pipes back into a T, right? I'm not interested in replacing the whole run with copper.

What's the easiest way to do this?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: How to replace 90 bend with a T in galvanized steel?

Cut it and unthread back to the nearest fitting and use pipe/nipples along with a union to reassemble

RE: How to replace 90 bend with a T in galvanized steel?

How old is the galvanized?

I would remove as much of the galvanized as needed and replace it with something else.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here