Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
no PRV on irrigation, leak defense?

Posted by fenston (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 12:46

I was considering having this leak defense product installed or at least making room for it when I do my other plumbing. I noticed on page 8 of the attached link they don't show a PRV on the irrigation line. My old home's hose bib is after the PRV so just wondering if this makes sense. Wouldn't the irrigation components need protection from the PRV or is that in the sprinkler shut off valves already or something? Water pressure from the city is 110PSI so need to knock this down.

http://tinyurl.com/7pq3bka

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: no PRV on irrigation, leak defense?

Not sure I understand your entire issue but......110psi supply is way too high. That does need to be regulated downward at the entry point immediately downstream of the meter. You don't want that level of pressure in ANY of your lines. That's one issue.

Depending on configuration and components in your irrigation system, you'll likely want those lines regulated down further with separate devices. Separate in-line PRV's for this purpose are commonly/cheaply available in irrigation-supply aisle of almost any hardware store. They usually take it down to 15-25psi for the irrigation lines.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here