Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Help Suggest a Tub that fits the bill

Posted by kswartwout (My Page) on
Wed, May 22, 13 at 12:06

I am looking to replace a tub in a kids bathroom. It needs to be a 30 x 60 inch tub with a right drain. It will have tile on the walls. I would like it to be $300 or less. I found this one, but I'm confused because it says to not install it as a bathtub alone. Does that mean you have to use the prefab walls you can buy to go with it??? Or is a basic tile tub surround just fine?? Also, given this budget, what material would be most recommended for holding up over time? Is the vikrell okay? Or enamel on steel? Cast iron is too heavy to get up to the bathroom. I would also prefer to not have a non slip surface on the bottom, because that seems hard to clean, is that right?

Thanks for any help. I'm overloaded and don't seem to be getting anywhere by poking around the internet.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sterling-Accord-Accord-5-ft-Vikrell-Bathtub-with-Right-Hand-Drain-in-White-71141720-0/202020080?N=1z10dtqZ1z0wuja#.UZzrDkLJsVs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Help Suggest a Tub that fits the bill

Wait--a few more questions. The tub I have currently is an Americast tub. It isn't holding water perfectly. That is just a problem with my drain, correct? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to replace the tub or if an adjustment to the drain will fix the problem. Also, can AMERICAST BE REFINSIHED? How long would that last?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here