Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Sink: Flow not smooth

Posted by Maryalicem (My Page) on
Sat, May 25, 13 at 11:44

So, we are finishing a complete kitchen remodel. I have two sinks (main and prep on island). I ordered the LadyLux 3 faucet from Grohe for both sinks. Once installed, the main faucet flow was miserable - all choppy and too forceful - splashed everywhere. Plumber came out, checked the flow rate to the house and it was fine. We had an extra faucet on hand due to the 2nd faucet being defective, so he switched our the spray head and the problem seemed fixed. Nice water - strong but not choppy and splashy. Used it for a round of dishes last night and it seems to be getting worse by the minute. Coming out too forceful, not as choppy, but very splashy. What gives? All reviews for this faucet are super positive. It wasn't cheap....all of the plumbing is new, water softener in place... HELP!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Sink: Flow not smooth

The water is coming out with too much force? Don't turn it on all the way.

o

What is the pressure in to your home?

Have you removed the aerator and checked for debris? Often, debris in the pipes can get knocked loose during a remodel.

o

I will check for debris. Would have thought the plumber would have done this! Thanks for the reminder. Re: Snidley's suggestion - hardly seems right to have a new faucet that you can't use at full capacity. We'll get it right - one way or another! Thanks all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here