Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Redirecting pool of water?

Posted by iGood (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 10:45

I work in a meat department of a retail grocery chain. When we clean the room at night, the water pools in one corner. The store was built on a concrete slab, so all the drainage is above floor level. Is there some kind of pump that we can fix to the wall that will suck water from the floor and redirect it to a drain 6 feet away? We would use squeegees, but the only floor-level drain is on the other side of the room. By the time you get to the drain, all the other water has pooled in the corner again. What kind of pump should I be looking for?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Redirecting pool of water?

Clearly the floor wasn't properly sloped toward the drain. If the floor slope can't be fixed, the best way to fix this now would be to cut a trench from the point where the water pools, sloped over to the drain, with a grate over the trench.

o

A trench is not a possibility. There is a drain 6 feet away from the corner, but it is above floor-level. I need a pump that will move the water for me. The only drain that is floor level is 25 feet away from the corner.

o

12 gallon Shop-Vac.

o

Found out what I need: a utility pump. Thanks for the help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here