Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

can I use tee for vent

Posted by james_007 (My Page) on
Sun, May 22, 11 at 10:41

I am in MA. Can any MA plumber tell me if I can use a tee for my horizontal counter sink run vent? Somebody says i have to use wye but some says I can use tee. I need somebody to confirm. thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: can I use tee for vent

Code prohibits installing a Tee on a horizontal line. You must use either a Wye & 1/8 bend or a Combo.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here