Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silly Question about Faucet Placement on Split Sink

Posted by JohnnyToronto (My Page) on
Mon, May 16, 11 at 7:41

I also cross posted this in the Kitchens forum in the hope I would get the right advice. I can't believe I'm even asking this, but surprisingly, my wife and I disagreed when it was brought up so here I go. We are installing a new undermount 70/30 split SS sink (Kindred rectangular 33"). So where does the faucet go - at the mid point of the entire length or at the split in the sink? BTW, the faucet is a single handle Hansgrohe Axor Citterio. Wow, I think all these decisions have damaged my brain! Thx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silly Question about Faucet Placement on Split Sink

Mine, a surface mount, was pre-drilled for the faucet to be at the divide between the sinks. That way, it reaches equally into both sinks. To put it at the mid-point of the entire length would put the spout at the corner of the small sink.

o

Thx Randy. I am now getting mixed advice on this issue. Hmm, maybe it wasn't as silly a question as i thought. I just assumed there was some standard that would apply.

o

Only "standard" is what YOU want.

I prefer full-sweep of the larger basin with less-than-full overhang capability on smaller side. Others have different ideas about it -- and they're all OK.

o

ditto.

you choose what to align it with and thereby cause the eye to see the alignment.

Center it with respect to the counter cutout and what do you get?
Something centered over the "whole", the ensemble, the general.

Place it at the end of a line and what do you get?
Something pinned to an offset geometry.

--

Reminds me of a short discussion I once had about placing a wall clock over a kitchen door, which was not in the center of the wall. I put the clock in the center of the wall area, instead of directly overhead the center line of the door. This made the space seem larger.

Center the faucet with respect to the larger of the two choices.

o

Thx guys. This is helpful.

o

I generally default to what DW wants.
Keep the peace.

o

Randy, that's exactly what I ended up doing. Happy wife=happy life!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here