Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beachkat7_gw

Your opinions on cost of a project

Beachkat7
10 years ago

One of the bathrooms in this mobile home I recently bought was renovated at some point putting the toilet and a tiny walk-in shower in a closed off space with walls and door. I will never use such a small shower since my elbows touch walls with hands in hair washing position. The floor space is 8.75 feet long by 31 inches wide.

My project is to remove both toilet and shower, cap off the toilet, cap shower pipes below the floor and put plywood on top of the sub-flooring. That's it. Just get that done while I think about what I want done with enlarging the space.

My plumber whom I've used for another project has given me an estimate of $765 and that includes his inspection of the sub-flooring from underneath.

I'm in Pinellas County Florida. Before I called my plumber, I got an estimate from a handyman company for $1,200. That's why I called my plumber.

So wherever you are in the USA, do you consider $765 a reasonable cost for that small project?

Thanks for any info you have to offer!!!

Comment (1)

• _sophiewheeler
    10 years ago

It's a little on the cheap side, but since you have a previous relationship with the plumber, he's probably giving you a break.