Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swspitfire

Grohe k4 faucet install question, xpost on Kitchen Forum

swspitfire
13 years ago

I cannot believe I have to ask this but here goes. My k4 faucet was installed Thursday. Appears to be ok but I have not really used it yet, kitchen still not doneÂ.

I was cleaning up a little today and saw the box the plumber left so I looked inside thinking I would find the installation instructions that I should keep. Well no instructions but I did find a spring all tangled and bunched up. This is the spring that comes with the faucet and should have been installed with the faucet. I am not really sure where it should have been installed or what is itÂs function.

But I am sure Grohe did not add an extra spring in the box for nothing. I have a feeling it should be used in the spray pullout area so the faucet head will "snap" back into home position.

Again I cannot believe this- I am not a plumber. The gc did not mention this so I do not know if the plumber told him he was not going to install thisÂ.

I will phone Grohe on Monday to ask but in the meantime, anyone here have any thoughts about this????

TIA

Comments (6)