Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
friggy_1

Toilet flange to drain connection? Help please

Friggy
12 years ago

I am wondering if the connection from a toilet flange to the drain has to be made with a closet bend(is this just a 90?)or can it be made with a combination of 1/8 bends and a Wye? Would it be better to use a 3" combo long sweep fitting? Can I then enter directly into the back of either of these fittings with a 2" reducer for my shower drain and vent? My code book does not specify if I can do this or not.

When using Wyes for drains can they lay on there sides or does the drain have to enter at a 45 or > degree angle like the vents? Also, on a fixture arm from a tub tying in below a double vanity setup, does the vent opening start at the intersection of the Wye on the drain, or does the horizontal and vertical portion going back to the double fixture fitting of the vanities have to be added in for critical distances? The vanity drain is on an exterior wall and I have a vertical drop and then a short horizontal run to meet up with the tub drain in the next joist bay,before I turn the corner to the main drain.

Comments (2)