Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Low pressure caused by single handle faucet?

Posted by westernbee (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 26, 10 at 19:32

We're in the middle of a kitchen remodel and among other things replaced the old two-handled faucet with a modern single-handled Moen faucet with pull down faucet. The kitchen is the furthest faucet from the pressure tank. The dishwasher is hooked into the line approximately 8' prior to the sink hook-up on that same line.

When I first installed the Moen yesterday (Sunday), the pressure was great. Today, it's a trickle. Every other faucet in the house is fine. The dishwasher connection on this line is fine, too - I just checked it. So pressure is excellent there, but 6-8' later it's a trickle.

Prior to installing the Moen, I did run both the hot and cold connections under the kitchen sinks into a bucket to ensure there was no gunk or whatever that had fallen in during remodel. Both connections were fine.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Low pressure caused by single handle faucet?

Good post. You've done most of the important work -- and described it -- already. There's an obstruction and you're very close to knowing exactly where it is -- at least within eight feet. Let's get closer.

I'm betting something's loose either in the faucet-head or in the control guts. This will tell you where to look next.

By "pull down faucet", I'm assuming you mean one of those that's connected to flexible line that can be pulled out a bit? Next step should be to disconnect that flex-line from the faucet and see what you've got flowing from it. Easy and takes seconds to accomplish.

If I've misunderstood the set-up, please disregard....except for the concept. There is an obstruction and you're very close to isolating and discovering it.

o
RE: Low pressure caused by single handle faucet?

begin by cleaning the screens in the aireator

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here