Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Bathroom drain assembly - what do I need

Posted by 5yearslater (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 17:06

I will be purchasing a sink with overflow. The specs say there is a 1.75 drain opening. I am also purchasing a single hole faucet that lists as including a pop up drain It also notes that the supply hose require supply stops with 3/8" compression fittings that are not included. The drain will be visible (no closed vanity below). What is the type of drain assembly and other accessories I need to purchase?

I will have a plumber install but I need to order and have the parts available.
I had been working with a design firm that ordered a sink and faucet that turned out to be too large for the space so now I am trying again on my own.
Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Bathroom drain assembly - what do I need

Easier if you had a pic, but here's the general idea:

1 1/4" P-trap w/ arm (chrome, maybe, if you want that look.)

1 1/4" tailpiece extension to match (eg. chrome), 6" length (just in case)

2 braided supply lines for faucet (not toilet). Determine the length you need, or just get a couple different sizes and return the extras.

Chrome escutcheon w/ 1 1/4" hole to cover the connection at the wall.

This post was edited by homebound on Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 21:28

RE: Bathroom drain assembly - what do I need

"Chrome escutcheon w/ 1 1/4" hole to cover the connection at the wall. "

And escutcheons for the supply lines.

Though many of the escutcheons are now plastic and open so you can put them on after the fact.

I still have a stash of solid ones in metal that open, and others that do not open.

The non-opening ones must go on before the valve is soldered.

Chrome sleeves for copper pipe (and steel pipes) have been around a long time.

This post was edited by brickeyee on Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 15:54

RE: Bathroom drain assembly - what do I need

If you have a plumber why would you need to go out on your own to order what brickeeye and homebound have taken the time to give you the heads up.

The plumber should know what you need and if they want you to source it that's understandable, but he or she must tell you what they need for your installation, I don't get it.

Once read on a thread " NO matter how high I stand on my chair here I can't see what you need from here"

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here