Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thomis

new 1/2 bath questions

thomis
12 years ago

Hello,

I'm installing a new bathroom in my house. I have a few questions.

Long story short: This part of the house used to be a carport. It was made a bedroom about 20 years ago by previous owner. We began the demo work a couple weeks ago to add the 1/2 bath and when we pulled up the subfloor (OSB board) there was a concrete slab. The pics tell the rest of the story.

You can see in the last pic I have the cold and hot water supply run (tee'd off the cold and hot to the adjacent washer and came up through the concrete) There is about a 20" crawlspace under the slab. Now for the questions.

Can I go ahead and put the flooring (pergo) down first, and then come back with the flange and toilet or should i fix the flange to the osb board and then cut the pergo flooring around the flange?

I am doing a 3" drain line from the toilet and plan to tie it in to the 3" cast iron drain line from the sink in the bathroom at the other end of the house. I would tie it into the 4" cast iron drain line from the toilet at the other end of house but there is a foundation support in the way and i can't get enough fall in the line that way as well. There is a vent right next to the washer you can see in the photo which I will tie into. The 1.5" drain from the new sink will be tied into the 2" drain line for the washer. Are there any problems with this?

Thanks very much for looking.

Comments (2)