Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwjen

Clog in toilet supply line??

GWJen
10 years ago

Hi everyone! My husband and I are young first time homeowners and feeling so over our head with so much to learn in caring for a home. We have owned our house for almost 2 years and thankfully this is our first plumbing issue. We try to DIY what we can, but are about to call in a professional for the issue we are having.

About two weeks ago when I flushed our downstairs toilet, there was a thump (water hammer?) and a strange hissing noise while it was filling up. It still filled up eventually, but took much longer than usual (3 minutes instead of We replaced the fill valve. This corrected the loud hissing but still there is a noise and it takes a while for the tank to fill up. I then disconnected the supply from the toilet and turned the shut off valve on slowly - very restricted water flow. So the water getting to the toilet is very little.

We thought it must be that when we shut off/turned on the valve something messed up and the valve needed to be replaced. Yesterday we replaced the shut off valve but the issue is not fixed. It seems like there is an actual clog somewhere along the copper supply line (is that possible?). The line runs straight into the crawl space and there are no leaks.

What would you do next? Call in a pro? Something we haven't thought of?

Thank you!!

Jen

Comment (1)